Some time ago I signed in after a few days break and was happy and surprised to find a comment by The Greener Bench – a blogger that posts great, inspiring photos from around the world, check the blog out! – who nominated me for the Liebster Award. This award is meant to encourage new bloggers, create connections between bloggers and help people discover new blogs, and what could be greater than that! It’s one of the things I like with blogging – except the obvious, reading and writing – you can find and connect with like-minded people from all over the world.
I’m happy to accept this reward. Even though my blog is not that new – it’s already two years old! – I write about a quite narrow topic that is not so popular among the general public, so knowing that people still appreciate and find my writings important is very encouraging to me, and I want to spread that encouragement to others as well.
The rules of the award go like this:
- Link and thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
- Tag 11 bloggers who have 200 or less followers
- Ask the 11 bloggers 11 questions, and let them know you nominated them!
My answers to the questions I got from The Greener Bench goes as follows:
- Do you have a nickname and why do you have it?
R calls me “baby”, but other than that I don’t really have a nickname. I guess my name is simple enough as it is.
- What would you do with a spare $200? (not for bills!)
I’m a quite boring person when it comes to money, I don’t really like spending, so most likely I would just save it. But if I’m supposed to come up with something else than that I would probably give it away to some kind of charity or project.
- What is your favorite movie?
This is an incredibly boring answer, but I can’t think of one single movie that would be my favorite. I like a lot of different movies. However, when I was younger I really loved Terminator 2.
- Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what would you like to play?
I’ve always wanted to know how to play guitar, I’ve even owned one at one point, but I never had the patience to really learn.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people who have passed on, famous or otherwise, who would they be?
This is a hard question. I would probably choose great historical personalities, like Jesus and Gandhi, and some other person who has inspired great change, maybe Harvey Milk.
- What gives you the greatest joy in life?
People, relationships. Even though I’m very shy I love being around people and getting to know new people.
- Do you have pets? Who are they?
We don’t have pets in our home right now, but my parents still have cats, one of them who I grew up with. Her name is Doris.
- Do you have a “happy place”? Where is it?
I love being in nature, preferably in the forest. I feel calm and at peace when I can be there, smell the fresh air and listen to the silence.
- What is your favorite food?
Almost anything with chickpeas. I love chickpeas.
- What is your Chinese astrology animal?
Horse (I admit that I had to search the internet for the answer to this question)
- My mom wants to know if you would like to house sit for all of her pets in Florida :)
I would probably not mind house sitting for her pets, but I think Florida is a bit too far away from where I live!
I nominate the following inspiring blogs, I can’t swear that they all have less than 200 followers, but I know that they are not huge (as I have probably mentioned at some point, I’m Swedish-speaking, so naturally some of these blogs are in Swedish):
1. Ett ritstift i din rumpa
2. Grymt sa grisen
3. A Vegan in the Weeds
4. Sofia Lithén
5. Rules of Green
6. Organized Chaos
7. Eat No Harm
8. The Vegan Of Aus
9. Bright Young Food
10. Living self sufficient
11. The South Grove
These are my (totally random) questions for you guys:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What inspires you in your life?
3. How do you spend a normal day?
4. Who is your favorite person?
5. Is there an animal that has a special place in your life? Who is he/she?
6. What is your favorite fruit?
7. Your favorite song?
8. What is your dream job?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10. If you won one million, what would you use it for?
11. If you knew you only have a few days left of your life, how would you spend them?