There’s an election going on here in Finland; by the end of the week we will have chosen who will sit in our parliament for the next four years.
I’m hoping to see people in the parliament who will work for at least these things;
- Animal welfare
- Focus on the animal welfare instead of economic winnings in creating the new Animal Welfare Act
- A decision to end fur farming within the next ten years, and an actual plan on how to do so
- A decision to move away from factory farming
- Moving more and more towards renewable energy sources, away from oil, coal, nuclear energy etc.
- Promotion of plant-based, organic and locally grown food both in schools and in society in general
- Keeping to the decision of marriage equality
- Working against racism and sexism in working life and society in general
Use your privilege and vote, dear Finnish citizens! We don’t have any right to complain or demand change if we don’t do anything for that change to happen.